Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Busted

I stole an idea from my Mom when trying to get the kids to clean their rooms. We play these little games where we pick up all the red things, all the round things, you get the idea. Occasionally,  when they protest, I pull out the big guns and remind them I have a direct line to Santa.

This has worked for me far too long apparently.

Recently, after smugly watching my little elves clean their mess from another room, I hear the oldest monster tell the middle monster "Mommy tricked us, she doesn't have Santa's number. I checked."

Since when can I tell my kids the moon is made out of cheese and not have them believe me???

So, like any mother in a tizzy and trying to defend a good fairy tale, I whipped out my phone and called Santa himself.

Note to self. Use the mute button next time before you hear this: "The time is 4:45. Temperature 70 degrees."

I'm so busted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHA!! yeah... you need some new stops to pull out!