Saturday, June 12, 2010

Oh yes. He did.

I can't believe I am going to make this public, especially since I may never be able to show my face in Springdale Library again...

The kids and I were at the library this week. We were all in the children's section when, from across the room, I see "the look" come over the potty trainee's face. I rushed over and asked him if he needed to go to the bathroom; he wouldn't reply - just kept pulling on the back of his shorts.

So, I took him to the bathroom and found...evidence...that he had an accident.

Here's the thing...

There should have been more evidence. It just so happens that he refused to wear underwear that morning, so he just had his shorts on. And I kept getting a whiff of something in the children's section.

So we left. Hurriedly. I mean, I don't KNOW that he left a little extra something there, but I really didn't WANT to know if he did. There is only so much humiliation this gal can take.

 My apologies to the sweet lady that was working in the children's section that day. My son likes to hide things.

Wouldn't it be great if just one day didn't revolve around my son's bodily functions? Hello!

2 comments:

Reba said...

You are so funny. I have a feeling that my summer will be very similar...that is our goal anyway. We will see. Boys are a whole new ballgame. :)

Unknown said...

I'm thinking you should be glad he wasn't doing the finger painting thing again. :-)