Monday, June 21, 2010

Vegas, Baby!

Las Vegas. What can I say? It certainly lives up to the hype. I saw so much this weekend, I haven't been able to process it all.

Maybe 2 1/2 minutes after we walked into the hotel lobby to check in, I saw this lady that looked to be AT LEAST in her 70's or so. Probably 6'5'', not skinny, with a purple dress that barely covered what desperately needed to be covered, and hooker shoes. I know, I'm not supposed to say hooker. But there is no other way to describe those shoes.

It was pointed out to me that since she looked like a linebacker, walked like a linebacker...she was probably not a she.
People, I don't know these things. I was just horrified that somebody's grandma was working the lobby at Bally's. Not sure how much better I feel about it being somebody's grandpa. shudder.

Welcome to Vegas, right?

And that was just the first 5 minutes.

The rest will have to be told in person, it just can't be described on a blog. Plus, there are at least 3 of you that haven't forgiven me for saying hooker.

I have to give a big shout out to both sets of grandparents for watching the kids while we were gone. Wouldn't you know that 2 out of the 3 were sick while we were gone. It was puke fest 2010 at Mimi and Pappy's house.
I want to feel bad, but people, that's an entire weekend of puke I avoided.

1 comment:

Reba said...

Oh my. It took me like 20 minutes or so to see a sight like that. :) I sure did see some interesting ones too. (PS I don't see anything wrong with the word "hooker"...really, is there a more PC way to say it? :) I wouldn't feel bad about the kids being sick either. They were going to be sick whether you were here or there...might as well be there. :) Glad you had a good trip.